Staff Recognition Awards
Nomination Form for Difference Makers: http://www.formstack.com/forms/butler-differencemaker
In the spirit of recognizing the contributions and hard work of
staff, Butler University Staff Assembly will acknowledge, on an
annual basis, Difference Makers - employees who
are truly making a positive impact at Butler. Up to six
awards will be presented each year among the three categories
listed under "Award Criteria".
To be eligible, an employee must be a full-time staff member
employed for a minimum of one year and in good standing with the
university. Once a staff member has won, he or she will not be
eligible to win again for a period of two years.
A Difference Maker may be nominated for one of
the following three categories:
- Making a Difference to the Butler Community
- Contributes to programs related to the well-being of the Butler
- Aids in University activities outside of one's own job
- Service to Students
- Goes above and beyond normal job responsibilities and
expectations to provide support to students and/or student groups
to student leadership development and/or mentoring of students
- Demonstrates student leadership development, mentoring and/or
responsiveness to students
- Job Performance and Attitude
- Performs an extraordinary act that results in improved quality
of service or more cost-efficient service
- Gives noteworthy service consistently through determined and
- Offers inspiration and motivation to colleagues, resulting in
an increase of their enthusiasm, commitment and morale
Nomination and Selection
- Difference Makers may be nominated by any
member of the Butler faculty, staff or student community through an
online nomination form (below).
- Nominations for Difference Makers will be
accepted through May 1.
- Nominations are anonymous.
- The selection committee will consist of members of the
Difference Makers Committee (formerly named "Top Dawg
- Difference Makers award winners will
receive a $500, pre-tax award, to be presented at the fall picnic
and will be invited to a dinner honoring their service at the
- May 1, 2013 - Nomination Forms Due
- Mid August - Presentation at annual
- TBD - Recipient Dinner with Jim and Bethanie
If you have any questions or need more information, please email
or contact Carl Heck at (317) 940-9889.