Sports Media is an interdisciplinary
undergraduate degree that takes advantage of Butler's
academic strengths and field experiences in sports journalism and
sports production. A multi-billion-dollar industry that drives
audience interaction and interest in sports on a worldwide scale,
sports media has become a highly competitive and sought after
career choice that requires specialized knowledge and content
Offered by the Eugene S. Pulliam School of Journalism and the
Creative Media and Entertainment Department, the sports media
degree will provide you with a:
- Solid foundation in the fundamentals of multimedia journalism
and digital media production.
- Rich, hands-on education in sports journalism, sports media and
information, sportscasting, and sports media production.
- Broad understanding of the sports media industry; its cultural,
legal, and economic impact; and the role media professionals play
in the industry.
Uniquely positioned in a leading sports city, our sports media
program takes advantage of:
- Faculty with an expertise in sports journalism, sportscasting,
sports media, sports production and streaming, and sports
- High-quality internships offered through our ongoing
relationships with sports organizations, athletic governing bodies,
Indianapolis' sports commission, local sports media outlets, and a
leading sports production company headquartered in
- Longstanding relationship with Butler Athletics that provides
students not only with internship opportunities but also the
opportunity to produce live streaming of sporting events and work
as a play-by-play announcer, color commentator, or sideline
- High-value contacts the School of Journalism and Department of
Creative Media and Entertainment have with professionals in the
sports media field, many of whom are alumni of these programs.
Fairbanks, Room 118
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Co-Chairs: Dr. Kenneth Creech,
Coordinator: Eric Esterline