Would STS Be Right For You?
What kind of people are most likely to enjoy and benefit from
- They enjoy science classes. They like learning a body of
knowledge, doing hands on investigation, knowing how things work,
observing nature--human, plant, and animal.
- They like humanities classes. They like discussing ideas with
others; they enjoy the challenge of creative and critical
- They enjoy examining topics in different disciplines and making
connections among those disciplines.
- They are considering health care or science careers.
- They are considering public policy, law and government,
communications, city planning, social work, environmental policy
and development, science teaching careers, etc.
- They want to be technical writers or journalists who report on
science and health.
STS majors can design their curriculum to follow their
STS is also designed to combine with other majors to deepen your
chosen path with cross-disciplinary expertise.