What is a Cohort?
Butler University School Counseling graduate students will go
through the graduate program as a cohort. Being part of a cohort
- You will always be identified with the cohort group you start
the program with and cohort members will have a special means of
identifying one another...you'll see!
- Everyone in your cohort will begin the program in an
orientation session held immediately prior to the beginning of fall
- You can count on the classes you need being offered on the same
night, one night a week for three years at 4:30 and 7:15PM. Summer
classes meet twice a week for six weeks at either 4PM or 7PM.
- You will be given preferential treatment when it comes to
enrolling in the practica and internships associated with your
- You will have monthly group meetings with your cohort during
regularly scheduled class times.
Expect Technological Proficiency
Students should have easy access to the Internet as most courses
use Moodle to post documents and assignments.