The Guest House on 49th
Just steps away from Butler's front door
We are very pleased to offer a fully renovated duplex house for
guests of the University. The house is conveniently
located on 49th Street, across the street from Hinkle
Fieldhouse. This is an excellent option for departments who
bring guests to campus for extended periods of time such
as visiting faculty. Depending on availability, the
house may be rented for shorter stays by members of the Butler
Click on the rooms linked below for a
Features & Amenities
- The house is a duplex with two completely separate, but
identical sides. A guest is booked in one side of the
house. No other guests would be assigned to that side of the
duplex; however the opposite side may be used by
- Furnished living room complete with
flat panel HD-TV with basic cable included, Blu-Ray / DVD player
and sleeper sofa (bedding provided, upon request)
- Fully equipped kitchen, including Keurig
individual coffee maker, basic cooking items and dinnerware
- Access to the Apartment Village's extensive DVD library
- The Indy bedroom with queen size bed (bedding
provided), chest of drawers, nightstand, closet, lamp and
- Butler bedroom with full size bed
(bedding provided), dresser, closet, lamp and alarm
- Bathroom (towels provided)
- Free WiFi internet service
- Free one day pass to Butler's Heath and Recreation
Complex for each guest
- Full-sized "HE" washer and dryer in the basement, free for
guests to use
- Completely nonsmoking facility, pets are not permitted
- Arrangements can be made for parking on campus
- Ample storage space in living room closet and in the
- On campus staff available for emergencies 24 hours per
day, including Butler University Police officers
Either side of the guest house is booked as "private" just
to the guest(s) who reserve. The charges are per night for one side
of the duplex, not per person. No additional booking fees will be
added to these rates.
- 1-2 nights is $110 per night
- 3-6 nights is $90 per night
- 7 or more nights is $60 per night
Full payment is due in advance as no transactions can be handled
by on site staff at time of check-in or check-out. Payment may be
made by the following methods:
- Butler University Departmental Account (not a Butler
- Check (US$ only)
- Major Credit Card
General questions, as well as questions of
availability, should be directed to Doug Howell, Associate
Director of Residence Life via email
or by calling (317) 940-6020 or toll free at 1 (800) 368-6852 ext.
You should submit the reservation form (PDF) only if
you have checked on availability as explained
above. Space goes quickly; please make reservations as
far in advance as possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Check-in will take place at the Apartment Village Front Desk in
the Dawghouse (5026 Boulevard Place). During the normal academic
year, check-in is no earlier than 4:00 pm and can be done until the
desk closes at Midnight. Break times and summer check-ins should be
arranged in advance.
- Valid identification must be provided at time of check-in.
- To check-out, keys must be returned to the Front Desk by Noon
on the date of check-out or there will be a $300 key replacement
- There is no daily cleaning of the house. It is expected
that the guests will maintain acceptable level of cleanliness
while staying, including washing bed linens, towels, dishes, etc.
on a weekly basis. Housekeeping will complete the routine
cleaning, change beds, etc. upon check out.
- Cleaning or repair/replacement charges may be billed for
damage, missing or broken items, or excessive messes left by
- Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house. Guests will be
asked to vacate if evidence of smoking or pets is discovered
and an additional cleaning fee will be charged.
- All applicable University and Residence Life polices will be
followed by all guests.
- Parking may require the purchase of a permit. Guests will
be responsible for any parking citations.