Guest Apartment at the Village
Modern style, timeless convenience
The Department of Residence Life is pleased to offer
a fully equipped guest apartment. One of the standard
four bedroom apartments in the Village has been converted for use
by guests to the University. This is an excellent option for
departments who bring guests to campus such as speakers, visiting
faculty, performers, consultants, candidates, parents, VIPs, etc.
Members of the University community are also welcome to use the
guest apartment for personal reasons, such as visiting family or
friends or when you first moving to Indianapolis
before finding a permanent residence. Parents of students can
use the apartments to visit students throughout the year, to
visit for the game or the performance, to cook a special birthday
dinner for their student, etc.
Click on the rooms linked below for a
Features & Amenities
- Furnished living room complete with flat
panel TV, DVD player, and iPod speaker system
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Access to the Apartment Village's extensive DVD library
- Local telephone service with voice mail
- Four bedrooms, each with unique door lock. Two bedrooms are
furnished with a full size bed (picture coming soon)
and two with an extra-long twin bed (bedding
provided on all beds), desk, dresser, closet, alarm clock and
- Two bathrooms per apartment, complete with full
bathtub with shower and external sink/vanity area (towels
- Free wireless and plug in internet
- Free one day pass to Butler's Heath and Recreation
Complex for each guest
- Free parking in the Apartment Village parking lot (fee applies
for longer stays)
- Mail and packages accepted at the Village Front Desk
- Laundry facilities within the Village at the
Dawghouse ($1.25 to wash, $1.00 to dry)
- Convenience store located in the Dawghouse with afternoon
and evening hours (academic year only)
- Completely nonsmoking facilities
- On site staff available for emergencies 24 hours per day,
including University Police Officers
||Per Night Charge*
|The apartment has four individual bedrooms with unique door
locks. Each side of the apartment has
two bedrooms, one with a full size bed and one with
an extra-long twin bed. Bedding and towels are provided in
each bedroom. Please note that "private" and "shared" refer to the
rates charged, not the physical design of the apartment.
Up to four bedrooms (six people) can be used in a private
apartment. Only members of your party will be assigned to the
apartment. Please note: we can only accommodate mixed gender groups
as a private apartment, regardless of group size.
A shared apartment can accommodate up to three people (staying in
two bedrooms on one side of the apartment). A shared apartment may
have up to three other guests staying in the apartment. Shared
apartments must be gender specific. This rate guarantees half of
the apartment, it is not a per person charge.
*No additional booking fees will be added to these rates.
Rates are per night, not per person.
Summer opportunities available for college interns. Call
for more details.
Full payment is due in advance as no transactions can be handled
by on site staff at time of check-in or check-out. Payment may be
made by the following methods:
- Butler University Departmental Account (not a Butler
- Check (US$ only)
- Major Credit Card
General questions, as well as questions of
availability, should be directed to Doug Howell, Associate
Director of Residence Life via
email or by calling (317) 940-6020 or toll free at 1 (800)
368-6852 ext. 6020.
You should submit the reservation form (PDF)
only if you have checked on availability as explained
above. Space goes quickly; please make reservations as
far in advance as possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Check-in will take place at the Apartment Village Front Desk in
the Dawghouse (5026 Boulevard Place). During the normal academic
year, check-in is no earlier than 3pm and can be done until the
desk closes at Midnight. Break times and summer check-ins should be
arranged in advance.
- Valid identification must be provided at time of check-in.
- To check-out, keys must be returned to the Front Desk by Noon
on the date of check-out or there will be a $300 key replacement
- There is no daily cleaning. The apartment is cleaned prior to
check in. It is expected that the guests will maintain an
acceptable level of cleanliness including washing linens, towels,
dishes, etc. on a weekly basis. If you prefer not to clean on a
weekly basis, weekly housekeeping is available at an additional
- Cleaning or repair/replacement charges may be billed for
damage, missing or broken items, or excessive messes left by
- Smoking and pets are not allowed in the apartment. Guests will
be asked to vacate the apartment if evidence of smoking or pets is
discovered and an additional cleaning fee will be charged.
- Guests are sharing the Apartment Village with Butler University
students. All applicable University and Residence Life polices will
be followed by all guests.
- Parking permits for Apartment Village parking areas will be
provided when guests register with the BUPD parking office, parking
is not allowed on other areas of campus with this permit.
- A free one day pass to the Health and Recreation Complex (HRC)
is included for each overnight guest, additional membership levels
may be purchased by guests at the HRC main desk.