Butler Awards Committee Mini-Grants
Up to $500
BAC Mini-Grant Application Form
Program: This program supports special needs
for projects that are not part of a larger project or supported by
other funding. Examples of purchases that would be acceptable
through this funding opportunity:
• field work travel and operational costs, purchase of minor
equipment not supported by the departmental equipment budget,
purchase of academic books, costs of materials, supplies, the cost
of transporting students, translation of written materials
into other languages,and one time purchases of materials or
non-technology equipment (specialized clothing or protective
equipment, art supplies, school supplies, etc.).
Your application must consist of a program statement:
- The nature of the research and the need for support,
- The objectives, significance, how the work will be conducted,
and a time schedule for completion.
- The statement should be typed and formatted in the following
way: 1.5 line spacing, Times New Roman font (11 or 12pt.), one
inch margins all around, and no more than two pages.
- A detailed budget.
- The proposal should be signed by the applicant, Head of
Department or Program, and Dean of the College.
- Proposals that do not conform to these guidelines will be
returned without evaluation. Use the
form that is currently on the website. The BAC will
not accept proposals on outdated forms.
Deadline: Proposals are due on the first of
Report: A brief report describing the outcome
of the research conducted using these funds is due in the Institute
for Research and Scholarship office no more than 60 days following
the end of the grant period. Failure to submit this report may
jeopardize future BAC funding.