Registration and Records

Advanced Placement Credit, International Baccalaureate and College Level Examination Program

Butler University offers advanced course placement, with appropriate academic credit, in most subject areas covered by AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College Level Examination Program). Applicants should request that their AP or CLEP scores be reported to the Office of Registration and Records. Students earning AP, IB or transfer credit ordinarily have these credits applied to major requirements, at the discretion of the department or as electives fulfilling Butler degree requirements. Using transfer credit to fulfill the Butler Core also may be possible, provided the course is consistent with the learning objectives of the specific Core area; see "Key Components" on the Core Curriculum website). For further information on using transfer credit to fulfill the Core Curriculum, visit Transfer Credit.

Advanced Placement Credit

International Baccalaureate Credit, effective for students entering in fall 2014

Request for Retroactive Approval of IB Credit, for use by students who matriculated at Butler prior to Fall 2014

College Level Examination Program

How do I submit my Advanced Placement (AP) Scores to Butler?

If you designate Butler as a score recipient institution on your AP registration answer sheet in May, your AP score report will be automatically sent to Butler in July. Each report is cumulative and includes scores for all the AP exams you have taken, unless you have requested that one or more scores be withheld or cancelled.

If you had previously submitted AP scores to Butler for exams taken during your sophomore or junior years, you can check your AP credit online on

If you did not list Butler as a score recipient institution, contact AP Services at: (888) 308-0013 to request your official score report. Butler's college code is 1073. Only official score reports received directly from AP Services will be accepted.

Related links: