View your transcript
Current students may review their transcript at any time by
following the instructions in MyButler
Summer 2013 R&R Business Hours
If you submit a request for enrollment verification
or order a transcript, please be aware that our office
hours vary during the summer months.
- Through June 14th, R&R is open 8:00am-5:00pm
- Beginning June 17th through August 9th, R&R is open
8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:00am-noon on Fridays.
- R&R will resume regular office hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
Monday-Friday, beginning August 12th.
If you don't need a full transcript with all your coursework and
grades, but do need to provide documentation to someone that you
are or have been a student at Butler University, you may request an
Request a Transcript
Requests for an official copy of your Butler University
transcript may be submitted online through our new Online
Transcript Ordering service provided through the National Student
Clearinghouse, a non-profit organization serving the higher
This service allows us to send electronic transcripts. The
electronic transcript link is valid for 30 days. We cannot send
electronic transcripts for Butler students who attended prior to
1984 or Institute for Study Abroad students who went abroad prior
to August 2001. If you have trouble opening your electronic
transcript, please go to http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/help/,
Frequently Asked Questions, Electronic Transcripts.
Place an order now
Fees and Processing Time:
- There is a fee of $9 for each transcript requested.
- The National Student Clearinghouse processing fee is $2.25 per
- All transcript requests are processed within 5 working days of
Free transcripts for Butler students or alumni
- Butler students graduated or graduating in 2012 - you are
permitted up to 25 free official transcripts from the time you
filed for graduation until one year after you graduate.
- Butler students graduating after 2012 - you are permitted up to
5 free official transcripts from the time you filed for graduation
until 1 year after you graduate.
- Current Butler students who need a transcript sent directly to
a scholarship agency.
- Current Butler students who are studying abroad through Center
for Global Education.
- Current students enrolled in the Shortridge Early College
- Electronic transcripts are not included in the free
transcripts. Please go to the 'Place an order now' link to
order an electronic transcript.
Submit the Free Transcript
Request Form (PDF)
- In person at Jordan Hall 133 during office hours (please bring
a picture ID), or
- By fax to (317) 940-6539, or
- By email, attaching a scanned image of your completed request
form (with your signature) to Registrar@Butler.edu
- By mail to:
Registration and Records
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler)
If you participated in a study abroad program through
IFSA-Butler, the Butler University transcript is the official
academic record for your study abroad experience. You can obtain
Butler University transcripts through the online process described
above. Please contact IFSA-Butler if you do not know your Butler
University student identification number.
If you have any questions, please call us at
(317) 940-9203 or
(800) 368-6852 extension 9203