Registration and Records

Transcript Request

The Office of Registration and Records will be closed for Labor day on Monday, September 1.

The office will reopen on Tuesday, September 2 at 8:30am. 

View your transcript

Current students may review their transcript at any time by following the instructions in MyButler Student Help.

Enrollment Verification

If you don't need a full transcript with all your coursework and grades, but do need to provide documentation to someone that you are or have been a student at Butler University, you may request an Enrollment Verification.

Request a Transcript

Requests for an official copy of your Butler University transcript may be submitted online through our Online Transcript Ordering service provided through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), a non-profit organization serving the higher education community. 

This service allows us to send electronic transcripts. The electronic transcript link is valid for 45 days.  Electronic transcripts must be delivered directly to the intended recipient.  If you order a transcript to be sent directly to you, you will be unable to forward the electronic transcript to another recipient.   If other documents must be sent with your transcript, you will have the option to upload them at the time of your request.



Place an order now




LSAC and AMCAS applicants: The National Student Clearinghouse provides delivery of electronic transcripts directly to LSAC and AMCAS.  When ordering an electronic transcript for delivery to LSAC, the individual is prompted to enter his or her LSAC account number.  Individuals submitting a transcript to AMCAS need to provide both their AAMC ID and Transaction ID when ordering. There is no additional charge for this service.

Butler students requesting a transcript to be uploaded through the Common Application web portal  should complete a paper transcript request form and indicate "Common App" in the memo area. Do not request an electronic transcript when using the Common Application web portal. Payment for the transcript by cash or check should accompany the paper form.  

We cannot send electronic transcripts for Butler students who attended prior to 1984 or Institute for Study Abroad students who went abroad prior to August 2001. Those students can still order a transcript using the online service by selecting the "Mail" option from the Delivery Method drop menu. If you have trouble ordering or retrieving your electronic transcript, please go to the National Student Clearinghouse Help Center and review their Help Topics.

Only use the Special Instructions field to communicate special circumstances regarding delivery methods or attachments.  Do not use this field to request that additional information be added to your official transcript (I.e., SSN, LSAC ID, etc.).  We cannot alter information that prints on an official transcript. 

Fees and Processing Time: 

  • There is a fee of $9 for each transcript requested.
  • The National Student Clearinghouse processing fee is $2.25 per recipient. 
  • All transcript requests are processed within 5 working days of receipt.

Free transcripts for Butler students or alumni listed below: 

  • Butler students graduated or graduating - you are permitted up to 5 free official transcripts from the time you filed for graduation until 1 year after you graduate.
  • Current Butler students who need a transcript sent directly to a scholarship agency.
  • Current Butler students who are studying abroad through Center for Global Education or Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA). 
  • Current students enrolled in the Shortridge Early College Program
  • Electronic transcripts are not included in the free transcripts.  Please go to the 'Place an order now' link to order an electronic transcript.

Submit the Free Transcript Request Form (PDF)

  • In person at Jordan Hall 133 during office hours (please bring a picture ID), or
  • By fax to (317) 940-6539, or
  • By email, attaching a scanned image of your completed request form (with your signature) to
  • By mail to:
      Butler University
      Registration and Records
      4600 Sunset Avenue
      Indianapolis, IN 46208 

Former Butler students may request an unofficial transcript by faxing a written request to (317) 940-6539 or by scanning and sending an email attachment to  The written request must include the student's legal signature, name at the time they attended Butler, date of birth, and the fax number where the unofficial transcript should be sent.  Unofficial transcripts can only be faxed; they cannot be mailed or sent electronically.  Current students may review their unofficial transcript at any time on

Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler)

If you participated in a study abroad program through IFSA-Butler, the Butler University transcript is the official academic record for your study abroad experience. You can obtain Butler University transcripts through the online process described above. Please contact IFSA-Butler if you do not know your Butler University student identification number.

Need Help?

If you have any questions, please call us at
(317) 940-9203 or
(800) 368-6852 extension 9203


More news

Registration & Records

Jordan Hall 133, 145
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Phone: (317) 940-9203
(800) 368-6852 ext. 9203
Fax: (317) 940-6539