Registration and Records

Student Information Overview

Graduating This Year?

Be sure to let us know.

New to Butler?

New Students click here for more information.

Changing Colleges or Majors/Minors

Subsequent to enrollment and matriculation, any student wishing to change from one Butler college to another should consult the deans of both the college in which the student is currently enrolled and the college to which transfer is being requested. The student can consult with their academic advisor on the process to declare a major, change a major or add a minor to the course of study. Changes of major within a college should be initiated by consulting the office of the dean of the student's current college or the Learning Resource Center. A degree-seeking undergraduate may not convert to non-degree status.

Residence Requirement

All freshmen not living at home with a parent are required to live in one of the residence halls. All sophomore and junior students (including those affiliated with a Greek organization) not living at home with a parent or legal guardian will be required to live in University housing or an approved Greek housing unit of which he or she is a member.

Student Identification

All students may obtain their student identification cards from the Vehicle Registration and ID Office, located at 525 W. Hampton Drive. Initial ID cards are free; replacement cards are $20. Replacement fees will be charged directly to the student's account.

Student Disability Services

Student Disability Services facilitates the education of students with disabilities by acting as a point of coordination for support services. Any student with a documented physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of life's major activities may qualify. Written documentation from the appropriate professional is required. Additional information, including documentation guidelines, is available in standard and alternative format upon request. For more information, please visit the Student Disability Services website.

Links to Additional Information


More news

Registration & Records

Jordan Hall 133, 145
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Phone: (317) 940-9203
(800) 368-6852 ext. 9203
Fax: (317) 940-6539