Registration and Records

Name or Address Change

If you are not currently enrolled, please report name and address changes to the Butler Alumni Association. The instructions here apply only to current students.


To update your local or home/permanent address, you can now log on to at any time and enter the change yourself. Check My.Butler Student Help for instructions on how to accomplish this change


For name changes, we must see the new name on a Social Security card.

You may:
Print this Name Change Form (PDF), fill in the requested information, and then mail it, fax it, or bring it in, with a copy of the new Social Security card.

Registration and Records
Jordan Hall 133
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
FAX: (317) 940-6539

Or you may:
Come in to our office at JH133 and fill out a form there. Bring your new Social Security card so we can make a copy of it.

We cannot accept name changes over the phone.


More news

Registration & Records

Jordan Hall 133, 145
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Phone: (317) 940-9203
(800) 368-6852 ext. 9203
Fax: (317) 940-6539