Peace and Conflict Studies Minor Requirements
The minor in Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) consists of 18
hours of courses.
Required Courses (12 hours)
A minor in Peace and Conflict Studies must complete 12 hours of
required courses. The following courses are required:
- PACS/PO 102: Introduction to Peace Studies
- ONE of the following:
- PACS/PO 220: Community Mediation
- PACS/PO 322: International Conflict and Peacebuilding
- PACS Internship: Internship requirements are fulfilled at
locations in Indianapolis such as Exodus Refugee Center, Peace
Learning Center, Kaleidoscope Youth Center, the Julian Center, or
through SP 320, Service Learning in Spanish. Students may also
fulfill this requirement through Washington D.C. Semester
internships, or as a component of study abroad.
- PACS: One 400-level class approved for PACS credit (consult
with PACS advisor).
Electives (6 Hours)
The remaining 6 hours are fulfilled by electives.
Elective options are listed in the Bulletin and in the schedule
of classes each semester. Relevant courses taken during study
abroad may be counted towards the major with permission of the PACS