Peace and Conflict Studies Minor Requirements
The minor in Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) consists of 18
hours of courses.
Required Courses (12 hours)
A minor in Peace and Conflict Studies must complete 12 hours of
required courses. The following courses are required:
- PACS/PO 102: Introduction to Peace Studies
- ONE of the following:
- PACS/PO 220: Community Mediation
- PACS/PO 322: International Conflict and Peacebuilding
- PACS Internship: Internship requirements are fulfilled at
locations in Indianapolis such as Exodus Refugee Center, Peace
Learning Center, Kaleidoscope Youth Center, the Julian Center, or
through SP 320S, Service Learning in Spanish. Students may also
fulfill this requirement through Washington D.C. Semester
internships, or as a component of study abroad.
- PACS/PO 490: Senior Seminar: Special Topics in Peace Studies
(such as Cultures of Peace in Latin America; Youth, Violence and
Peace; War in Iraq; The Politics of Harry Potter and the Hunger
Electives (6 Hours)
The remaining 6 hours are fulfilled by electives.
Elective options are listed in the Bulletin and in the schedule
of classes each semester. Relevant courses taken during study
abroad may be counted towards the major with permission of the PACS