This on-demand safety transportation service allows students to
safely traverse campus during the evening hours, especially when
alone. Dawg Ride operates from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.,
Wednesday-Sunday,during the academic year when classes are
in session. University Police will offer safety escorts on Monday
and Tuesday evenings and on-campus transportation is also available
during daylight hours for students with disabilities.
Please note that if you request a ride outside
the Dawg Ride hours of service, a driver will not be able to accept
your ride request, but University Police may offer alternatives,
including walking escorts, to ensure your safety.
To request a ride on Dawg Ride:
- Download the TapRide app for your smartphone (iPhone or
Android) and log in using your @butler.edu email address and
- Select a pick-up location (A), then choose a drop-off location
indicated on the map; tap the B to secure this location as your
- Select the number of passengers.
- Tap "Submit Ride" and wait for the Dawg Ride vehicle at your
designated Dawg Ride pick-up stop (see map).
- If you are unable to use the TapRide app, call 940-BUPD (2873)
to request your ride.
Dawg Ride rules of use:
- Students are reminded to follow the University Alcohol Policy.
The University Police will be contacted to investigate students
under the age of 21 who appear to have been drinking or any
individual (regardless of age) that is in a state of intoxication
that endangers themselves or others.
- You may not ride this safety escort service more than two times
in one evening. This service is not intended to be a mass transit
- We do not transport to off-campus locations, other than those
noted on the attached map that are adjacent to campus
- At the driver's sole discretion, no more than three riders will
be transported from one location to the same location. (This rule
does not apply to transportation to/from the "I" lot.)