Jordan College of Fine Arts
School of Music

Graduate Music Information, Policies and Procedures

XII. Miscellaneous Information

A. Student ID and Parking Permits

You may obtain your student identification card and parking sticker from the Dispatch Office of Public Safety located in the Atherton Student Union Building.

Back to Table of Contents

B. Library Policies

All graduate students currently enrolled at Butler University are eligible to check out materials from the Butler University Libraries. Borrowers must present a valid ID card at the Circulation Desk when checking out materials. For more information, visit the library's circulation policy page for graduate students.

Back to Table of Contents

C. Computer Account

After receiving your letter of acceptance from the Butler University Admissions Office, you will be sent an e-mail or letter with your Butler computer log-in name and temporary password. You will need to have an active Butler e-mail account in order to register for classes; the Computer Center staff (Holcomb Building, room 317, 940-4357) can assist you if you prefer to forward your mail to a different, personal email address.

Back to Table of Contents

D. Health and Counseling Services

The Student Health Center serves graduate and undergraduate students of Butler University. Hours are posted. Services are provided on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis. Emergencies are given priority. The center is staffed by registered nurses and provides treatment for minor accidents and illnesses on an outpatient basis. A physician is available by appointment, three days a week, for acute care after being seen by a nurse. Conditions of a more serious nature are referred to local emergency rooms, or emergency centers, or to the student's private physician for treatment. Students are responsible for payment for all medical services. A completed health record is required to be on file at the center prior to attending classes. The Student Health Center is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive.

The University Counseling Center offers individual and group counseling for issues and problems related to academic, career and personal-social areas of life. Appointments to see a counselor may be made in person or by telephone. All counseling services, whether individual or group, are free of cost, confidential and strictly voluntary. Hours are 8:30 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday.

Back to Table of Contents

E. Housing Options

For assistance in finding housing, either on-campus or off-campus, you may call the Office of Student Affairs at 317-940-9381 or 1 (800) 368-6852, ext. 9381. You might also log on to to check the classified ads in The Indianapolis Star if you are looking for an apartment.

Back to Table of Contents