The Signature Logo
- On all publications, promotions, websites, and
- Used as a "signature logo" only, not as a primary or secondary
- Placed on the back cover, lower left-hand corner on any
double-sided or multi-page printed document.
- Placed in the lower left-hand corner on any one-page or
single-sided publications, such as posters.
- When publication has a mailing panel, placement of logo as a
return address meets the graphic standard requirements.
- May be used at one of three sizes: 5/16 inch, 3/8 inch, or 1/2
- May only be reproduced in PMS 541 (the University's primary
color) and black.
- May be reversed out of solid colors, images, and patterns as
long as readability is not impaired.
- May be printed and foil stamped in metallic silver, as well as
embossed, for special purposes such as ceremonial
- Only exceptions are when the logo is reproduced on University
business cards, letterhead, and envelopes, for which the University
logo is reproduced in PMS 541 (University seal) and black
- Logo must appear with "Butler University" in Adobe Garamond on
the left-hand side of the banner.
Logos for Download:
- Logos are available in EPS, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF formats.
- Directions for using the University logo in Microsoft Word are
located at the link below.
- Download a signature logo.
University Entity Type Treatments:
- Only two logos used as primary University
identifiers: the main (signature) University logo and the athletic
- Signature University logo must appear on all non-athletics
- Distinct graphic "look" may be created for a specific program
or college to assist in meeting a marketing goal more
- Created "look" may be used as a central graphic on a
publication, but only in compliance with the standards for usage of
the University logo.
- Letterhead may not be made using the created "look."
- Display type of a created "look" must be in all caps, separated
by a 1 pt. dotted rule.
- Examples of University entity type treatments are shown at the
- University signature logo,
the University seal, the athletic logo, and the bulldog logo
may not be altered in any way.
- Treatments that deviate from the accepted standards for logo
reproduction are not allowed.
- Examples of improper usage are shown at the right.
If you have questions regarding the signature logo, contact the
Office of Print Marketing and Communications, located in Jordan
Hall, Room 22, by calling (317) 940-9966.