Guidelines for Filming on Campus
The Office of Public Relations coordinates all requests for
filming and photography on the Butler University campus. Requests
should be directed to Courtney Tuell, director of public relations,
at (317) 940-9807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following guidelines will be used to determine if the
film/photography request will be approved:
- The University's name, logo, and buildings may not be used
unless otherwise instructed by the director of public
- A $500 rental fee is required for the use of most spaces. Fees
for providing campus services (security, maintenance, etc.) will be
- A copy of the final script must be submitted to the director of
public relations for approval.
- Liability insurance is required, naming Butler as an additional
- Once the approval is given, a rental agreement must be signed
by both Butler and the film/photography company; proof of insurance
must be on file at least 72 hours prior to the shoot.
- Clients must carry a copy of their contract showing the date
and time of filming while on campus in case they're questioned by
University Police or someone else.