Irwin Library Fax Policy
- The fax machine is only for CURRENT Butler
Students, staff, and faculty to send
faxes. Verification: Patrons will need to
show their ID card or be looked up in the ALEPH system.
- Patrons are REQUIRED TO WAIT for their fax to be
processed. Due to privacy concerns we cannot allow patrons to leave
a fax and come back for it later.
- We do not charge for any faxes. This includes long
distance or international faxes.
- A confirmation page will print out at the end of the fax and
can be given to the patron.
- The number of pages sent in one request and the number of fax
numbers sent to are subject to staff discretion (i.e., desk
staffing, pending assignments, etc). A good rule of thumb is
one large mutli-page fax (10+ pages) to any
one fax number or a small fax (approximately five
pages) to no more than five different fax
- Faxes can be sent to (317) 940-9498 (Irwin
Library Circulation Desk) or (317) 940-9519
- The intended recipient of the fax should be clearly noted.
- Circulation Staff will notify the recipient of a fax via
- Once notified, the recipient will have 48 hours to pick up
their fax from the circulation desk. Faxes not
picked up within 48 hours of notification will be
- Please contact the circulation desk at (317) 940-9227 (Irwin)
or (317) 940-9401 (Science) with any questions or to confirm a fax
has been received.
*Please note the Library reserves the right to update or
modify this policy at any time.