Overdue Policy and Procedures
If you have received a late fee or have questions about our
policy and procedures, please be aware that:
- an information sheet on how to renew items and check due dates
is included when patrons check out
- patrons can call the Library at (317) 940-9227 to check due
dates and make renewals
- patrons can check due dates, renew materials, etc., online,
using the My Library Card
function on our homepage
- the library emails patrons courtesy e-mail reminders that their
items are overdue
- if you do not own a personal computer you can monitor your My
Library Card account via any of the campus computer labs
- as an additional courtesy, patrons are given a grace period of
two weeks prior to receiving a late fee
- if a patron returns the items which they were charged for,
their accounts will be credited for the replacement fee if it is
during the same semester the bill was sent and the item has not yet
been reordered by the library.
- late fees vary slightly and may range $10 per item past the
grace period for standard books or media in the collection to an
accruing $10 per day overdue for pieces of equipment.
- patrons are responsible for all items on their accounts and for
any fees incurred by those loans.
Patrons are billed for lost materials based on the type of
|Type of Item
|Browsing Collection Book
|General Collection Book
||Cost varies based on purchase price
*Other includes such materials as laptop computers, room keys,
etc. The cost billed is based on the cost of the item and may vary
from several hundred to several thousand dollars.
Students who fail to pay their replacement fees for lost or
damaged items may be subject to having an Administrative Hold
placed on their Student Account.
Waiving Late Fees
It is our policy to only waive late fees in extenuating
circumstances (e.g., death of a loved one, medical emergency,
etc.). These are evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Evening
Circulation Assistant. If you have any questions regarding this
policy or a late fee that you may have received please contact:
Last updated July 1, 2014.