Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall
Butler University's Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall, an
acoustically superior 140-seat concert venue in Robertson Hall,
opened on December 3, 2004. This $3 million facility serves as a
prestigious showplace for both faculty and student recitals and
The recital hall includes a roughly 300-square-foot white oak
stage and 1500 square feet of room for the audience in twelve rows
of chairs on white oak floors. The walls are ornamented with
mahogany wainscoting and trim. The venue includes a facility for
receptions following performances.
The hall was funded by the late Ruth Duckwall Rasmussen
Williams, '39, and was named in honor of her parents, Paul
Duckwall and Iva Eidson-Duckwall, who was a faculty member of the
Jordan Conservatory of Music (now Jordan College of the Arts). The
lobby is named for civic leader Sidney Weedman, a member of
Butler's class of 1960 and a former member of the university's
faculty and board of trustees.
This hall is the second of three phases of construction and
remodeling of Butler's Performing Arts Complex. Phase one, the
addition to Lilly
Hall, is also complete. Phase three is construction of a 450
seat concert hall north of Clowes Memorial Hall called
the Schrott Center. The new facility will be open in the
spring of 2013.