What ECP Students Receive
Admitted students and their parents/guardians meet with Butler
representatives in May to review program expectations and
IPS provides transportation to and from the Butler campus during
the semester of enrollment.
Students receive a special Butler University Early College ID
and have access to Butler email, as well as access to the campus
library, computer labs and lounge areas.
Students receive mid-term grade reports from faculty and
Learning Resource Center staff to provide feedback on progress.
Grades are officially recorded, and students have an official
Butler University transcript upon completion of the program.
Additionally, participants receive:
- One 3-4 hour Butler academic course per term.
- Two 1 hour courses specifically designed for junior-level ECP
students in college prep topics.
- On-campus orientation to the program and Butler campus and
- One-on-one advising with Learning Resource Center staff.
- Peer mentor lunches on campus with Butler students.
- Enrichment opportunities such as the Celebration of Diversity
Distinguished Lecture Series.