Students may now reserve on campus space (including tables)
online. This online process has replaced Student Organization
Event Registration Requests (blue forms). Reservation and
programming policies still apply to all online bookings.
Policies can be found in the student handbook.
Student organizations planning events that include food, late
night hours (after 11pm), alcohol, security, and road closures
should consult the handbook.
The PuLSE office (AU 101), office Greek Life (AU 312), and
Conferences and Special Events (JH 018) are all resources for
campus events and program planning. Student organizations are
encouraged to contact these offices with questions, concerns, and
clarification for event planning and policies.
Accessing Virtual EMS (online booking system)
There are two ways to access Virtual EMS:
Steps for Reserving Space
- Under Reservations, choose Student Org Event
Request or Greek Life Event Request
- On the left pane in Where & When, enter date, time, and
- On Details tab, enter information for the event and submit
The submitted request will then be approved or denied by either
the PuLSE office or, in the case of Greek Life events, by the Greek
Life staff. If approved, a final confirmation from
Conferences and Special Events will be emailed to the requestor.
Organizations that select catering or BUPD services must
make arrangements with those areas.
Requests may be viewed online to check the status, add
resources, or make date and time changes. It is the
organization's responsibility to cancel the reservation if the
event will not take place.
What to Know About Reserving Space
- Rooms are not officially booked until the student receives a
confirmation email from Conferences & Special Events.
- Recognized student organizations reserving tables must
accompany off-campus businesses and/or representatives while they
are on campus. This includes remaining with them at tables
while they are promoting their business. Outside groups that wish
to solicit on campus are restricted to tables on either side of
Atherton dining center and Starbucks patio.
- For road closures of public roads, fill out a City of
Indianapolis permit request.
- For closure of a road internal to campus, contact BUPD.
- Some requests may be denied based on the organization's
standing with the University or the type of activity proposed.
- No events will be scheduled the Friday prior to or during
designated University extended breaks.
- A fee may be charged to organizations or individuals for
services which include, but are not limited to, overtime, set-up,
staffing or failure to cancel an event within 24 hours of the