Getting Started With Office 2013
Office 2013 is the latest version of Microsoft Office for
Windows. Office 2013 provides some new features that can help
improve ease of use and productivity.
If you wish to purchase Office 2013 for a personal computer,
please visit our Home Use software page.
The following resources are helpful for anyone new to Office
What's New in...
Office 2013 Availability (Faculty & Staff Windows Users
Over the course of the next year or so, IT will be
gradually implementing Office 2013 as the standard on all
Butler-owned Windows devices.
- August 2014 - Available to faculty and
staff for self-installation (see instructions below)
- October 2014 - Standard Office suite on
all new and re-imaged faculty and staff computers
- August 2015 (immediately following Summer
II) - Standard Office suite on all Windows computers
in labs and classrooms
- December 2015 - All Windows computers
required to run Office 2013
Get Office 2013 (Faculty & Staff Windows Users Only)
Follow the steps below from on campus to
install Office 2013. The install could take up to 45 minutes
so please plan accordingly. To save time, connect to a wired
- Make sure you save your progress on any programs or files you
have open and then close them. Your computer will have to restart,
so you don't want to lose anything you're working on.
- Click on the Start (Windows) button on your
- In the "Search programs and files" field that
appears below your list of programs, type "Software
Center" and hit Enter.
- In the window that appears, you should see Microsoft
Office - Upgrade to Office 2013 in the list of
- Click on the box to the left of the item, and then click the
"Install Selected" button.
- The installation will begin. Your computer will need to restart
in order for the installation to complete.
- That's it! Start using Office 2013.