Software Installation Policy
Information Technology Computer Lab and Classroom Software
Installation Request Policy
Procedure General Policy:
Information Technology maintains the hardware and software
in all campus computer labs and technology-mediated classrooms. The
policy and procedure outlined in this document governs any requests
for new software in these locations. This document is meant to
augment the Computer Usage Policy and
the Hardware and Software Support
Guidelines published by Information Technology. Please refer to
these documents for additional information.
- All requests for new software installations must be made
through the Center for Academic Technology and directed to Julianne
Miranda, Senior Director of Center for Academic Technology via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty
should prepare a Software Installation
Request Form and the supporting materials outlined on the form
and in this document.
- All requests will be given a Service Request number (SR#).
- To receive a service request number, the Center for Academic
Technology must have:
- Copies of the installation media
- Copies of the installation instructions
- Copies of the license key and license terms
- All requests must be approved by the Center for Academic
Technology before being assigned to a technician
- The request may be denied if:
- An insufficient number of licenses is supplied
- The software is known to interfere with other applications or
the Butler Network
- The requesting faculty/staff member will not be available to
test the software before distribution to the lab
- All requests must be turned in at least two weeks
prior to the date needed for use.
- Obtain the Installation Request
- Complete installation materials and return to the Center for
Academic Technology (JH037).
- A Service Request, recording all pertinent information, is
completed and the installation is assigned to the appropriate
technician. The technician will coordinate the installation,
testing and deployment of the software in the designated classroom
or lab. Faculty members are asked to be available for testing
prior to full deployment in the classroom or lab.
- The faculty member requesting the software installation will
sign off on the installation affirming the functionality of the
software as expected for the teaching experience.