Work from Anywhere
Work from Anywhere offers faculty and staff a middle ground
between the power of a desktop computer and the mobility of a
laptop. You can access the Butler network securely when not at
your desk, whether on campus or off.
Utilizing a Windows 7 based computer housed in the Butler data
center, you can access the Butler network and BUfiles from a
multitude of devices. Your computing experience will be
similar to the experience of using a computer that sits on your
desk; however, your desktop will not carry over from your device.
IT recommends storing all files on BUfiles for ease of access with
Work from Anywhere.
Why Use Work from Anywhere?
- Mobility - Work from anywhere that has an internet connection,
just like you were at your desk
- Access - Use all your data stored on BUfiles from anywhere
- Security - Your Work from Anywhere connection stays
on the secured Butler network, regardless of where or how you
How do I Access Work from Anywhere?
Windows or Mac device, iPad, or select Android
Tablet instructions to learn how to install an app on a
mobile or home device and access your BUanywhere computer anywhere
you have an internet connection.
You can also access Work from Anywhere via a web browser (such
as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox):
- Visit https://buanywhere.butler.edu
- Click on the VMware Horizon View HTML Access icon on the
- Click on the Work from Anywhere to open a virtual desktop in
your web browser window
Note: Image quality is lower when accessing via a web browser.
For higher image quality, use a zero client or the app mentioned
above to access Work from Anywhere.