Apple TV & Chromecast
Chromecast and Apple TV are designed for use on small home
networks rather than more complex enterprise and campus
environments. They do not communicate across IP address subnets.
Due to this manufacturer limitation, these devices may not function
or fully function on the Butler University network.
Chromecast will not work on the Butler network.
Some Apple TV services are functional on the Butler network.
Please note that registration is required in
order to connect your Apple TV to the internet.
Services That Work
- Watching previews of movies from iTunes
- Renting a movie from Apple
- Purchasing a movie from Apple
- Services like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, NBA, NHL, and
Services That Will Not Work
- Any AirPlay functions such as:
- Screen mirroring from an iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer
- Streaming content from an iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer
- Playing stored content from an iTunes account on a Mac or PC
Please note that iTunes library sharing is also affected by this
issue and will not function on the Butler network.