Making an alias to your BUfiles in OS X
- Download the BUfiles Shortcut
Utility. Safari will alert you that the file contains
an Application; click the Continue button.
- The disk image "make_BUfiles_alias" will mount on your desktop.
Double-click it to view the contents
- Inside the folder, click
make_BUfiles_alias.app file to launch it
- In the first dialog box, enter your Butler username and then
- If BUfiles is not already mounted, you will be asked to do so.
Click Mount BUfiles to continue
- You will be presented with an authentication screen. Enter your
Butler credentials and then click Connect. If you
would like to avoid this step in the future, be sure to click the
checkbox beside Remember password in keychain
- The "User" share will appear on your desktop and an alias to
your home folder will appear beneath it. From now on, you will be
able to access your data on BUfiles by double-clicking the folder
named with your username
You now have access to your personal files. You can safely
delete "make_BUfiles_alias.app" from your desktop. If you
encounter any issues, please contact the Help Desk.