Please verify the following before attempting to connect to
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8 (Windows) or Safari (Mac),
please verify that Java is installed
- If using Firefox, you will need to install Java Runtime
- If you are using a different browser, please switch to one of
the above browsers
- Open the following link in your web browser:
- If this is your first time using BUconnect, you will have to
accept several security warnings and install some software.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows, you will be
prompted to install Cisco Secure Desktop. When prompted to install
an ActiveX application, right-click on the banner with and select
Install ActiveX Control. An Internet Explorer
Security Warning will appear. Click Install
- If you are using Safari on Mac OS X, an alert window will
appear. Click the check box beside Always trust
'Cisco Systems, Inc. Click
Trust in the bottom right corner of the window.
Enter your local administrator username and password. Click
- After Secure Desktop installs successfully, the BUconnect page
loads. Enter your Butler username and password, then click
- From the BUconnect "Home" page, click
BUconnect on the left hand menu
- Click BUfiles - Home Directory
- If you require assistance connecting to BUconnect, please
contact the Help
This will display the contents of your BUfiles home directory.
BUconnect presents a web-based version of your home directory.
Files and folders will behave like links in a browser.
Listed below are several features of BUconnect. When you are
finished using BUconnect, always remember to click Log
out and close your browser window.
- There is a toolbar that will allow you to perform simple file
operations, such as navigating your directory or uploading
- "Level Up" This will take you up one directory in the folder
hierarchy. (Ex. from \\bufiles\user\username to
- "Favorites" This function has not been implemented
- "Delete" This will allow you to delete files. Check the box
next to a file you want to delete, and then click the "Delete"
- "Copy, Cut, Paste" Just like on a Windows or Mac directory,
these buttons will allow you to copy, cut, or paste files in a
directory. Check the box next to a file and click the desired
- "New Folder" This will allow you to create and name a new
- "Upload" - This is the most important button. Every time you
open and update a file through BUconnect, you will have to save
that file to your local computer, and then upload it back to
BUfiles. Best practice would be to save the file to your desktop,
and then upload to BUfiles. After you have uploaded the file,
delete the file from your local computer
- The arrow buttons allow you to navigate directories. Since not
all the files and folders of some directories can fit on a single
page, use the arrows to go forwards and backwards through your