AnyConnect - Instructions for Butler Mac
Please verify the following before attempting to connect to
- If you are running Safari or Firefox, verify that Java Runtime Environment
- If you are using a different browser, please switch to one of
the above browsers
- Open the following link in your web browser: http://buconnect.butler.edu
- An alert window will appear. Click the check box beside
Always trust 'Cisco Systems, Inc.
Click Trust in the bottom right corner of the
window. Enter your local administrator username and password.
- After Secure Desktop installs successfully, the BUconnect page
loads. Enter your Butler username and password, then
- Click the Start AnyConnect
- The AnyConnect VPN installer launches in the browser
- The VPN Client Downloader will appear and begin installation.
Enter your local admin username and password and click
- When the installation is complete, you will see a small
application window from which you can connect/disconnect the
- From now on, you can launch the AnyConnect client from your
Applications folder, Cisco folder, "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client"
- When the application appears, select
buconnect.butler.edu from the "Connect to:" menu,
or wait for it to be automatically selected
- Enter your Butler credentials and click
Connect to establish a connection
- You can now access BUfiles as you would on-campus