Standard Applications, Hardware, and Access
All Windows computer labs have the following software
- Adobe CS 5.5 (includes Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign,
Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- FileZilla (FTP client)
- Internet Explorer 9 (Diigo toolbar & Shockwave)
- K-Lite Codec
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Access, Excel (with MegaStat and
Solver), OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Mozilla Firefox (Delicious toolbar, Zotero)
- Notepad ++
- Putty - SSH Client
- Silverlight plug-in
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker
All Mac computer labs have the following applications
- Adobe CS 5.5 Design Premium (includes Acrobat Pro, Bridge,
Device Central, Dreamweaver, Drive, Extension Manager, Fireworks,
Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Media Player,
- DivX Player
- Flv Crunch
- Google Earth
- Google SketchUp
- iLife 2011 (GarageBand, iDVD, iMovie, iWeb)
- MPEG StreamClip
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Excel (with MegaStat), PowerPoint,
- QuickTime Player
Additional applications may be available. Please refer to the detailed software
list for each lab for details.
All computers have CD-RW drives for burning CDs. They also have
USB ports (typically on the front or side) for USB drives.
All computers require a Butler username and password for login.
Once logged in, your BUfiles will be connected as drive H:\
(Windows) or on your desktop (Mac).
On Windows computers, drive G:\ is connected to the "Courses"
directory, where some faculty store course-related material for