Butler University Technology Master Plan 2010 - 2014
Technology enables and extends the relationships that
make Butler unique by helping build community.
Technology at Butler supports the development of life-long
community by creating a "high touch" environment that fosters
collaboration through connecting constituents and giving them easy
access to information. This helps ensure that Butler stays
competitive among its peer institutions in both academic and
- As technology drives societal change, Butler continually
evolves to meet the demands of our students,
faculty, staff and other constituents.
- Faculty and staff demonstrate digital fluency
and information literacy and are aware of how technologies and
information can be used to enrich learning and to enhance their
- Technology is applied intentionally to facilitate effective and
innovative teaching and learning.
- Students, faculty and staff have the tools and
information they need to be successful at Butler.
- Butler students become responsible and well-prepared
- It is easy to get things done on
and off campus via interconnected, efficient and accessible systems
- Effective planning, emphasizing open dialogue,
fosters an environment with appropriately
- We are responsible stewards of the resources
necessary to meet institutional goals.
- Technology systems are reliable, secure and
About the Plan Creation Workgroup
Data Gathered or Used during the Plan