Sr. Information Systems Specialist - Operations
• Minimum three years full time experience in a technical
support environment; experience in a higher education and/or a
large/complex IT organization preferred.
• College degree is preferred; degree in a technical field is
• Proven experience in analyzing system/business processes to
identify inefficiencies and developing strategies for
• 2-3 years' experience in the following areas is required:
scripting (PowerShell/PHP preferred); Windows Server
administration; and Directory Services (AD and/or LDAP
• 1-3 years' experience in Linux/UNIX Server administration
• Experience in DNS and DHCP (Linux or UNIX based preferred)
administration, backing up servers and managing backup tape
rotation schedules is a plus.
• Experience in any of the following is preferred but not
required: Exchange administration, Nagios, Cisco Firewall/IPS,
Cisco wireless, Cisco IOS, Cisco Telephony, Cacti, Rack Tables,
SCCM, Casper, PaperCut, and Puppet.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
demonstrated organizational skills with exceptional attention to
detail; demonstrated teamwork skills. Proven customer service and
telephone skills. Professional appearance and demeanor under
• Experience leading mid-sized projects.
• 2-3 years' experience with writing, organizing and
maintaining technical documentation.
• Self-starter, capable of making independent decisions.
Flexibility in a changing environment.
• Willingness to work extra hours as needed; some evenings,
early mornings and weekends.
Analyze system/business processes to identify
inefficiencies; develop strategies for improvement; operationalize
and automate procedures to improve business processes.
• Operationalize and automate procedures to improve the
effectiveness of business processes.
• Create and maintain procedural/knowledge base
• Monitor and manage Windows print queue setup and
• Monitor, patch and own the campus's Windows file server
administration (share and NTFS permission).
• Manage and oversee the enterprise account management
• Manage and maintain university's directory services
(AD/LDAP) including user and device accounts, groups, and group
• Responsible for creating and implementing knowledge
management strategies for Butler IT by…
o preparing and delivering policies/processes for knowledge
o consult with and educate IT business units on knowledge
o developing change management processes for business and
o using knowledge management tools and resources to create and
disseminate good practices for knowledge sharing
o acting as an advocate for department-wide knowledge
o helping develop intranet knowledge sharing solutions and a
knowledge manage content lifecycle
o creating and disseminate good practices for knowledge
• Other duties as assigned
Internal Applicants Only: Resume and cover letter
articulating your interest in this position should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org