Information Systems Analyst
Butler University Information Technology seeks a team-oriented,
good communicator and organized person who's interested in taking
their integration and system management skills to the next level.
This team member will ensure enterprise systems are maintained in a
healthy, reliable, efficient and cost-effective and manner.
In the role of System Operations Analyst, this individual will have
the following responsibilities:
• Automate processes by creating and utilizing
• Analyze system/business processes to identify
inefficiencies; develop strategies for improvement; operationalize
and automate procedures to improve business processes.
• Create and maintain procedural/knowledge base
• Use change management software/procedures to
support testing and recovery processes
• Facilitate automating production code and
application deployments, monitoring and process notification
• Monitor and respond as needed, including after
hours and weekends, to server, network and system alerts and
• Troubleshoot hardware and software based issues
as they arise.
• Work as team member in the development of
support and processes surrounding operationalizing routine IT
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• 1-3 year's experience scripting in both Windows
Server and Linux environments (Perl, PHP, Bash, Shell, Python,
Powershell, etc.) with proven ability to use these scripting
languages to design and implement tools, utilities, and technical
• Strong knowledge of web services (Apache/IIS)
and databases (MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle).
• Experience managing full application stacks
from the OS up through custom applications.
Preferred but not required:
• BS/BA degree in a technology related
• Experience in a higher education and/or a
large/complex IT organization.
• Experience scripting with Windows
• Solid understanding of systems monitoring,
alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Log Stash,
• Experience with deployment, source control and
configuration management tools like ansible, puppet, github,
cfengine or others.
• Understanding of directory and authentication
services, such as Active Directory and LDAP.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
skills; demonstrated organizational skills with exceptional
attention to detail; demonstrated teamwork skills. Proven customer
service and telephone skills. Professional appearance and
demeanor under pressure.
• Experience leading mid-sized projects.
• Self-starter, capable of making independent
decisions. Flexibility in a changing environment.
• Willingness to work extra hours as needed; some
evenings, early mornings and weekends.
To apply, please visit www.careerbuilder.com and enter keywords
"Butler University". Follow the instructions to upload your
resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in and
qualifications for this position.