Director of Planning, Design & Construction
Operations, Butler University, Indianapolis, IN
Butler University is looking for a full-time experienced
Director for Planning, Design & Construction for its Operations
Division. The Butler University Operations Division partners
with members of the University community to provide high quality
and cost-effective planning, design, construction, project
management, maintenance, custodial, grounds, event setup, and
environmental health and safety services.
The Director of Planning, Design, and Construction oversees a staff
of project managers and is directly responsible for planning,
organizing, overseeing and delivering new facilities (ie residence
halls, a parking garage and academic buildings) as well as
renovating existing facilities that support and enhance the living,
teaching and learning environments for the Butler University
Responsibilities and Essential Duties Include:
• Develops new construction and major renovation projects at a
schematic level: scope, budget, and schedule
• Oversees development of renovation project scopes and
budgets for the Capital Work Group and execution of projects that
• Assists the Executive Director in participating in the
development and execution of the University Master Plan
• Manages coordination, communication and customer service on
behalf of the department
• Collaborates with Maintenance Services, Building Services,
University Engineer and Manager of Environmental Programs &
Safety for all new projects and renovations
• Oversees permits and compliance with all local, state and
federal building codes and regulations, as well as OSHA.
Manage departmental budget
• Develops performance expectations and training plans for
each person in the department
• Responsible for maintaining the campus building floor plans
and utility drawings etc.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to provide a high
level of customer-service.
• Excellent communication skills are required in dealing with
a diverse staff, campus population and outside contacts.
• Must possess strong analytical skills, ability to be
flexible, objective and possess strong problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to implement standardized budget and
project management systems and practices.
• Must have demonstrated leadership and visioning
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Architecture, Engineering
• Masters degree and director level experience in construction
management is desired.
• 7-10 years of related experience.
• The ability to interpret/analyze complex documents, write
reports and business correspondence as well as make presentations
to top management, public groups and Board of Trustees.
• Must have university and construction management experience
along with a strong computer background.
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of construction
methods, materials and project delivery methods.
• Must possess working knowledge of sustainable design and
• Should possess a working knowledge of mechanical
To apply, please visit www.careerbuilder.com and
enter keywords "Butler University". Follow the instructions
to upload your resume and a cover letter that outlines your
interest in and qualifications for this position.