Marketing & Communications, Butler University
The Marketing and Communications Administrative Specialist is
responsible for providing exceptional administrative support to the
Vice President and leadership team. Key areas of focus include
budget/expense management, writing and editing, and general
administrative support for campus-wide marketing and communications
The Administrative Specialist will report to the Vice President
for Marketing and Communications. He/she will manage and prioritize
diverse needs for a large, multi-faceted team, driving improved
results through planning and collaboration, and contributing to the
realization of the Butler 2020 Vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides general administrative support to the Vice
President and leadership team, including calendar/meeting
management, travel and expense reporting, organization and records,
reports and presentations, and visitor hospitality.
• Supports Board of Trustees Marketing Committee, including
agenda management, recording and distribution of minutes, and web
• Manages divisional governance, including preparation and
execution of leadership team meetings, strategy/account-planning
workgroups, and campus-wide marketing/communications town
• Leads divisional and departmental budgets, leading annual
budget planning process, ongoing tracking, and reporting.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for key external
partners and vendors, managing scopes of work, invoices, and
• Contributes writing and editorial support for key internal
and external communications.
• Assists as needed with marketing/communications workflow,
including traffic management, production, and analytics.
• High school diploma or GED
• 3+ years of executive-level administrative support or
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both
verbally and in written form
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical
• Comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to
maintain the utmost discretion with confidential information
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple
deadlines and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of executive-level administrative support or
• Experience with CRM/databases and web content management
• Editorial experience and familiarity with the AP and Chicago
Manual of Style
To apply, please visit www.careerbuilder.com and
enter keywords "Butler University". Follow the instructions
to upload your resume and a cover letter that outlines your
interest in and qualifications for this position.