Administrative Specialist (12-month position)
Chemistry Department, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Butler University is seeking an experienced individual to fill
the 12-month position of Administrative Specialist for the
Chemistry Department in the College of Liberal Arts and
• Function as departmental receptionist and primary contact
for students, parents, faculty, administrators and others.
• Provide full clerical and general office support to the
Chemistry department chair, faculty and students. This may
include, for example, preparing correspondence, processing mail and
mailings, helping with software, assisting in routine departmental
duties such as scheduling of student advising, photocopying,
faxing, and answering and routing telephone calls and
• Maintain departmental records and database files, including
budgets and student payroll, research and internship information,
majors/minors and alumni student information; schedule meetings,
equipment and room reservations; and order office and lab
• Design flyers for departmental events.
• Assist the department chair with the development of the
year-long course schedule and be primarily responsible for entering
the schedule in PeopleSoft.
• Assist the department chair with preparing adjunct contract
information for the Dean's office.
• Provide information and materials needed for new full-time
and part-time hires and coordinate with other university
• Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
• High school diploma (or its equivalent) and 3-4 years'
secretarial experience; BS degree preferred with two years'
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to manage
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of word processing and
spreadsheets, including Microsoft Office
To apply, please visit www.careerbuilder.com and
search keywords "Butler University". Follow the instructions
to upload your resume and a cover letter.