Administrative Specialist, College of Business
~ Show Details
The College of Business (COB) at Butler University seeks an
administrative specialist to provide support for the undergraduate
programs of the college. Duties will include:
• Administrative support for the associate dean for
undergraduate studies in class scheduling, curriculum development
and approval processes, and other general support.
• Support for the COB academic advisor including handling
student traffic flow, managing student files, advising and
enrollment processes, etc.
• Support to faculty members with occasional administrative
tasks that will release faculty time for research and
• Additional support for the Dean's office by assisting with
course evaluation processes and event and meeting management.
Candidates for this position should possess a high school
diploma and at least three years' experience in an administrative
support position. In addition, they should have a thorough
working-level knowledge of Word and Excel, knowledge of or the
ability to learn to use other software applications and
systems. Good communication skills, attention to detail, the
ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to private records
and the ability to work as part of a team are all a must.
Finally, we prefer candidates with some knowledge of academic
processes such as academic advising and evaluation/assessment.
Internal Applicants Only:
To apply, please provide a letter of interest along with a
résumé. Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. Applications must be
in electronic format and should be addressed to William Templeton,
associate dean, in care of Gina Head email@example.com.
Administrative Specialist, Advancement
~ Show Details
Administrative Specialist, University Advancement -
Butler University's Development Department of Advancement is
seeking an individual who will be responsible for the overall
coordination, implementation, execution, direction and completion
of specific projects ensuring consistency with Butler University's
strategic commitments and goals. This position provides
support for the Executive Director of Development, Development
Officers and others as needed.
• Collaborate with the Development Department to create and
execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet
changing needs and requirements.
• Assist with planning and implementation of projects; present
reports defining project progress.
• Collaborate with Executive Directors and Development
Officers by effectively applying Butler University practices and
enforce project standards and consistencies.
• Manage major gifts and campaign budgets.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and
• Prepare quality assurance procedures along with Executive
Directors and Directors.
• Ensure project documents are complete, accurate and
• Assist with onboarding process for new staff members by
collaborating with Human Resources.
• Process communication/information of a complex and
• Maintain confidential donor database (Advance).
• Manage and coordinate Executive Director and Development
Officers' calendars, schedules and travel.
• Create internal/external correspondence.
• Anticipate and prepare content materials needed by
Development Officers for meetings and donor visits.
• Coordinate the handling and/or processing of personnel
and/or office administration and business documents, expense and
Visa reports, and journal vouchers.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where
responsiveness, professionalism and customer service are maintained
at all times.
• Assist with the planning, reservation and attendance
tracking for special events associated with Development.
These events include some nights and weekends.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree
• Ability to understand basic revenue models, P/L and
cost-to-completion projections in order to make decisions
• Experience overseeing project budgets.
• Ability to collaborate in a team-based environment where
critical thinking and problem solving skills are vital.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; Outlook, Excel and
Word are required.
To apply: please visit www.careerbuilder.com
Keywords - Butler University and submit a cover letter and resume.
Applications will be accepted until the position is