Director of Sales
Butler University, Athletics
Butler University's Athletic Department is seeking an individual
for the position of Director of Sales. This position is
responsible for providing leadership, management, oversight, and
direction for athletics sales with an emphasis on ticket
sales. The director will manage the support functions
essential to sales force productivity. Functions include
planning, reporting, goal setting and management, sales process
optimization, training, program implementation, sales
administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force
talent. The Director of Sales will report to the Associate
Athletic Director for External Operations and will work closely
with internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting within the
• Directs the execution of the sales plan with an emphasis on
• Manages the staff to ensure all sales organization objectives are
• Assists in all aspects of sales (tickets, corporate partnerships,
special events) in the department.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process
• Monitors the accuracy and distribution of the sales reports and
• Builds an effective sales staff (internal and external).
• Creates peer support and strong internal department and
• Serves as a key member of the athletic department leadership
team, working closely with leadership colleagues to ensure
successful performance for the division.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
• Team oriented and able to work in a fast paced customer service
• Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines and handle a
variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to adapt to irregular work hours including nights and
• Previous experience in an athletic/sales environment and
familiarity social media preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter expressing
your interest in and qualifications for this position to email@example.com
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.