Control Desk Supervisor
The Control Desk Supervisor is the "front line" of the
Department of Recreation, serving as the initial contact that most
customers encounter when entering the HRC and/or seeking recreation
information. Control Desk Supervisors are responsible for
performing daily operations while promoting all departmental
policies, procedures, and programs.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification (or ability to obtain 30 days
- Demonstrated maturity and responsibility.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- At least 1 year of cash handling experience
- Ability to effectively deal with customers and staff.
- Knowledge of the all HRC policies, procedures, and
- Ability to interact well with large working groups.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Flexible schedule (able to work occasional early morning, night
and weekend shifts)
- Likes to have fun!
- Greet each patron entering the HRC
- Provide individualized, quality customer service every time. A
smile and personalized greeting sets the correct tone and makes the
employee's job more enjoyable.
- Enforce identification and membership policies by verifying
privileges of students, faculty/staff, alumni, and guests who
participate in programs and facility
- Serve customers at the control desk and on the telephone in a
professional and courteous manner
- Assist visitors by answering questions about membership,
facility and all other Recreation programs and services
- Follow all guidelines for the sale of memberships, program
fees, lockers, and merchandise and usage of cash drawer
- Ensure locker room procedures and locker/lock inventory
- Enforce the HRC's policies and procedures
- Ensure that the HRC is opened and closed properly
- Check out sports equipment for use in the HRC
- Respond to first aid requirements and related
- Assist with emergency procedures that include care for injured,
initiation of emergency action plan, notification of appropriate
university authorities, and completion of report forms
- Ensure cleanliness of the HRC
- Be familiar with facility reservations and provide access to
- Complete all paper work: (daily, facility usage, incidents,
accidents, key access, head counts, facility rental info, etc)
- Communicate with all program areas on specific programs &
- Report and communicate with the Assistant Director on an
- Maintain ongoing communication by checking and responding to
email messages at least 3 times a week
- Report maintenance issues (i.e. light out, basketball net torn,
hole in a wall, etc) to the Assistant Director immediately
- Assist with any problems that occur throughout the facility.
This may include emergency maintenance concerns, employee "no-show"
coverage, participant conflicts, special events, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned such as folding brochures,
posting schedules and promotional items, calling participants,
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings
- Be available for shift coverage if someone does not show or
calls in sick
- Likes to have fun!
This job description is the minimum of what is expected of a
Building Supervisor. In order to be eligible for a merit raise and
incentive awards, it is expected that an individual go above and
beyond these requirements. Providing exceptional customer service
is an example.