The Butler University Honors Program exists to meet the
expectations of academically outstanding students in all colleges
and majors who wish to develop their talents and potential to the
fullest. Through a combination of honors courses, cultural events,
independent study, creative activity and research, it is designed
to foster a diverse and challenging intellectual environment for
honors students and to enhance our academic community by adding a
distinctive note of innovative thinking and interdisciplinary
- Did you excel in your high school academic course work?
- Do you want to explore ideas beyond regular college
- Do you like to think about interesting issues and ideas and to
examine them from many different perspectives?
- Do you enjoy engaging in active dialogue with other students
- Do you prefer a classroom environment where you take
responsibility for your own learning?
- Do you crave a hands-on, exciting, innovative style of learning
similar to that of elementary school or summer camp?
- Do you want to develop close relationships with other students
who have similar academic interests and abilities?
- Do you view learning as a lifelong process rather than as
something that ends after you leave college?
If you answer YES to these questions, then we think the Honors
Program is for you.