A Guide for Students on How to Set Up an Honors Tutorial (HN
351 or 352)
You may wish to print this page if you are submitting a request
for a tutorial.
Honors Tutorials offer you the opportunity to further explore a
topic that you previously studied in an Honors seminar or
colloquium. To set up a tutorial:
- Consult with the instructor of the original HN class and see if
he or she would be willing to guide you through the tutorial.
- You and your instructor should then design a tutorial project
and determine the number of credit hours you'd like to take.
- Develop a tutorial request which includes:
- 100-word description of your project,
- number of credit hours you'd like to carry (HN351 carries 1
credit hour; HN352 carries 2 credit hours),
- a list of readings,
- a list of assignments/papers etc.
The request has to be signed by you and the instructor.
- Submit your tutorial request to the Honors Program office
(JH153D). Once your request is approved, the Honors program
coordinator will fill out a blue card for you. The blue card needs
to be signed by your academic advisor before it can be turned in to
Registration and Records.