Honors Program Advising Sheet
For Students Beginning the Honors Program as Freshmen
Certain requirements must be completed by the end of the
sophomore year in order to pass Sophomore Review. There is a
complete list of credit hours and GPA needed on the Sophomore Requirements
Review (WORD doc). Academic Requirements
- HN300 or HN200
- Students who begin after first semester freshman year will
replace HN 110 with another HN course.
- Students must take at least one 200 and one 300 honors
- HN 200 & 300 courses may be taken in any order.
- Departmental Honors Course (Fall of Junior year; fall P2 year
for PharmD) To be taken in the intended thesis
- HN397 or 398 (Spring of Junior year; Spring P3 year for
PharmD). HN 397 carries one credit hour; 398 carries two credit
hours. Grants transcript credit for work done toward thesis
- Thesis proposal due 2nd Monday after Spring Break, junior year
(spring P3 year for PharmD). For students abroad or unable to
submit in March, due date is Sept. 15 the following fall.
Proposals are reviewed by college honors
- Oral Presentation (senior year; P4 for PharmD) BURC, for
- Thesis due 2nd Friday after Spring Break, senior year (P4 year
for PharmD). Students may register for XX499 in their thesis
Some things to keep in mind:
- Cultural events are reported directly to the Honors Program
office. Advisors do not need to keep track of them, but it's a good
idea to ask the student if he or she is attending events and
turning in cultural events.
- Students who plan to study abroad can arrange to have one
study-abroad course count as an HN course.
- Students may take up to two credit hours in Honors
Tutorial credits (HN351 or 352) to replace one of the four HN
courses. Tutorials continue the work done in a previously-taken HN
- Students who have difficulty scheduling all of the course
requirements may work with the Honors Council faculty
representative from their college to see if he or she can
- Other people to consult with: intended thesis
advisor, Judi Morrel (Honors Program Director, 940-9723),
Jason Lantzer, 940-9302 (Program Coordinator)