Extending Building Life
Repairs to Hinkle Fieldhouse exterior, including:
- 282,000 bricks tuck-pointed.
- 9,734 windowpanes replaced with energy-efficient glass.
- Updates to electricity, plumbing, other utilities.
Improving Student-Athlete Experience
Reconstruction of Hinkle natatorium into 17,700 square feet of
- Butler's first dedicated academic center for
- Larger strength and conditioning room.
- New sports medicine center with hydrotherapy unit.
Remodeling of existing locker rooms for volleyball, men's, and
women's basketball, including:
- Updated layouts, fixtures, furnishings.
- New team meeting rooms with video screens.
Expansion of Wildman Room hospitality suite.
More Fan-Friendly Experience
- More chair-back arena seating.
- New scoreboard with video playback capability.
- Added restrooms including family restrooms.
- Widening of south (front) concourse.
- Kiosks marking historic moments in Hinkle Fieldhouse.
- Third floor of the Hinkle natatorium remodeled into
administrative and coaches offices.
- Athletic Annex on 52nd Street will be remodeled and utilized
for coaching offices.