John Seal '70, MBA '75 ~ Parent
- The 1st game I played at Hinkle was as a junior in high school.
Brookville played against Washington in the Sweet 16. I was noticed
by Coach Hinkle and was offered the opportunity to play at Butler
- The Butler vs. Purdue in 1967. This was the only time I
experienced an all-out brawl on the floor. BU won by 19.
- One of the best was Coach Hinkle's last game. It happened to be
my last game also. We played Notre Dame and their 3 All Americans.
They beat us by 7, 121 to 114.
- Ohio State played BU with ex-Butler coach Matta. BU was down by
20 in the 1st half and won big in the 2nd half.
- Xavier vs. Butler and the win by BU on a last second shot. We
lost a drinking fountain after the game.
- Perhaps the most special was getting to see my daughter,
Courtney, graduate with her MBA and Pharm-D. My wife was very ill,
but willed herself to attend. She had told her Doctors that she
wanted to be able to see her graduate.
- The turnout of several thousand people when the team returned
from Salt Lake after having earned a trip to the Final Four.