Butler University Flu Information
What are the signs and symptoms of the seasonal flu?
- Fever of 100.5 or greater
- Body aches
- Malaise (general discomfort)
- Sore throat
Check out the self-evaluation assessment at www.flu.gov.
If you have any of these symptoms, call Health Services at
940-9385 for advice or an appointment.
Meal plan students unable to get to the dining hall can submit a
Students with flu symptoms are asked to isolate on campus or go
home until they are fever‐free without medication for 24
Help prevent infection or further spread of the flu
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough and
sneeze. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hand if
you do not have a tissue.
- Clean hands thoroughly with soap and water, or cleanse them
with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer on a regular basis.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this
- Improve airflow in your living space by opening windows
- Practice good health habits including adequate sleep, drinking
plenty of fluids, eating nutritious food and keeping physically
- Try to avoid close contact with people who might be ill.
- Isolate from others until you are fever-free without
fever-reducing medication for 24.
- Wipe down surface areas with disinfectant spray and/or wipes on
Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/flu
Marion County Health Department H1N1 Hotline: 317-221-3366; 8 a.m.
- 4 p.m. M-F