Butler University Flu Information
What are the signs and symptoms of the seasonal flu?
- Fever of 100.5 or greater
- Body aches
- Malaise (general discomfort)
- Sore throat
Check out the self-evaluation assessment at www.flu.gov.
If you have any of these symptoms, call Health Services at
940-9385 for advice or an appointment.
You can be evaluated for medications to treat influenza if you
have symptoms or if you have close contact with someone diagnosed
Meal plan students unable to get to the dining hall can submit a
Students with flu symptoms are asked to isolate on campus or go
home until they are fever‐free without medication for 24
Help prevent infection or further spread of the flu
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough and
sneeze. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hand if
you do not have a tissue.
- Clean hands thoroughly with soap and water, or cleanse them
with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer on a regular basis.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this
- Improve airflow in your living space by opening windows
- Practice good health habits including adequate sleep, drinking
plenty of fluids, eating nutritious food and keeping physically
- Try to avoid close contact with people who might be ill.
- Isolate from others until you are fever-free without
fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- Wipe down surface areas with disinfectant spray and/or wipes on
Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/flu
Marion County Health Department H1N1 Hotline: 317-221-3366; 8 a.m.
- 4 p.m. M-F