Congratulations on your decision to go abroad!!
On this website, you will find instructions about paperwork
you need to complete before departure as well as links to resources
that can help you as you prepare.
MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation for all students going
abroad during Summer 2013 or Fall 2013.
Thursday, April 4 2013
4:30 p.m. in GH108
Please RSVP to Judy Malarney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist of Paperwork to be turned in by April 10, 2013.
Paperwork can be picked up from and returned to JH212.
- Declaration of Intent to Study Abroad
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Study Abroad Course Approval Form (List of
who to contact in each department for course equivalency)
- Assumption of Risk and Release Form
- Submit your study abroad program's required forms
- Complete an Intent to Vacate form to the Office of Residence Life (AU303), if
- Apply for or update your passport (if necessary).
- Inform your parents or guardians of the procedure to get a
passport - so they have proper travel documents if
- Make travel arrangements, if necessary
- See if you need a visa into study abroad location, check with
the consulate of the
country you are going to.
with the U.S. State Department
- Make sure your immunizations are up to
date for your study abroad location
- Check on your personal
health insurance coverage
- Talk with your parents or guardians about filling out
a Power of Attorney before departure. This grants
another person the legal authority or permission to make decisions
about your affairs while you are abroad. If interested, you
can google for the form and fill it out in front of a notary.
If you are looking to get CORE credit for classes you take
abroad, please see the process below.
Go to the R&R
website to get the form for approval to transfer Core
curriculum credit in-all the directions are on the form.
You'll need to fill it out and submit with it the course
descriptions from the university abroad. The completed form
then can be dropped off to JH 109 to the attention of Dr. Laura
Study Abroad Handbook
We have put together a handbook that addresses many issues
student's face while preparing to go abroad as well as while living
overseas. Please download this handbook and
refer to it as needed.
If you need to store items in the Indianapolis area while you
are overseas, renting space through this service might be