Center For Global Education

Passports and Visas

Image 21

U.S citizens leaving the United States must be in possession of a valid US Passport. Please consult the U.S. State Department regarding cost for a new or renewed passport.  All passports are valid for ten years and take approximately six weeks to process. Additional fees apply for expedited service. Detailed information including a downloadable passport application, instructions and frequently asked questions is located on the U.S. Department of State's website.

. The chart below contains a list of Passport Acceptance Facilities in Indianapolis.

Passport Acceptance Facilities

For more agent hours and location information, visit the Department of State's Passport Acceptance Facility Search Page.

USPS Passport Agent - Bacon Station
2727 E. 55th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 464-6205

USPS Passport Agent - Castleton Branch
8710 Bash Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256-9998
(317) 464-6250

USPS Passport Agent - Eagle Creek Branch
6401 Gateway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46254-9998
(317) 464-6104

USPS Passport Agent - East Gate Station
740 N. Shortridge Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46219-9998
(317) 464-6219

USPS Passport Agent - Main Office Window Services
125 W. South St.
Indianapolis, IN 46206-9631
(317) 464-6376

USPS Passport Agent - Park Fletcher Branch
2760 Fortune Circle East
Indianapolis, IN 46241-9998
(317) 464-6241

USPS Passport Agent - Southport Branch
1701 E. Edgewood Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46227-9996
(317) 464-6227


All governments require foreigners to have an appropriate visa to reside in their country. This endorsement or stamp placed in your passport by a foreign government permits you to enter that country for a specified purpose. In most instances you must obtain the necessary visa before you leave the United States. Some visas cost money; others do not. Visa processing can take anywhere from several hours to several weeks. Apply for your visa directly from the embassy or nearest consulate of the country in which you plan to reside. Contact information for foreign embassies in the U.S. can be found at Please consult your program provider to determine if and how they assist you with obtaining your visa.

Back to Top