Ovid Butler Society for Recent Graduates
Graduates of the last decade and students are the cornerstone of
Butler's future. The Ovid Butler Society counts on members who have
recently graduated and members who will soon graduate from Butler,
and realizes that giving at the regular $1,000 Ovid Butler Society
level is not always feasible for people at this stage in their
lives. For that reason, recent graduates and students can receive
full membership in the Ovid Butler Society at an adjusted giving
amount, depending upon graduation year. For alumni with more than
one degree from Butler University, the most recent graduation date
OBS membership levels for graduates of the last decade are as
|0-1 year since graduation (2014):
|2-4 years since graduation (2013, '12, '11):
|5-7 years since graduation (2010, '09, '08):
|8-9 years since graduation (2007, '06):
|10+ years since graduation (2005):
- Butler's fiscal year is June 1-May 31, however, privileges
begin upon receipt of your Ovid Butler Society gift and continue
for one full year.
- An Ovid Butler Society gift provides recognition for two adults
of your household. If alumni living in the same household did
graduate in the same year, the oldest degree year is used.
If you are employed by or associated with a company that matches
gifts, or if your spouse works for such a company, you could double
or even triple your gift. Corporate matching gifts count toward the
total amount for recognition purposes.
Butler University appreciates all gifts and recognizes OBS
leadership gifts from recent graduates and students at the Founders
Circle level. Benefits include:
- Specially designed Ovid Butler Society enamel pin for first
- Invitations to participate in special events such as
receptions, educational seminars, campus tours, and guest lectures
hosted by the OBS Executive Committee on campus.
- Admittance to the Bulldog Club Hospitality Area during men's
home basketball games.
- Opportunity to purchase membership to the Health and Recreation
- Discounts on campus space rental-limited to available and
- Discounts on merchandise in the Butler University
- Discounts on adult tickets to select events at Clowes Memorial
Hall-limit of four tickets.
If you have questions about the Ovid Butler Society or would
like to receive additional information, please feel free to contact
the Office of Annual Giving at 317-940-9469.