University Award for Distinguished Service and Leadership
The University Award for Distinguished Faculty Service and
Leadership honors one faculty member each year whose service has
improved the University or the wider community through professional
Nominations should include examples and details to support the
nomination. These details should illustrate how the faculty member
has improved the University or the wider community and may include,
- Leadership in the governance of the University, in an academic
department or program, in the faculty and its Senate, college, or
ad hoc committees, or in other University positions.
- leadership and service in professional or public organizations,
boards, or commissions related to the faculty member's academic
field(s) or assignments.
- Specific projects and initiatives that have enhanced the
quality of the University's programs and advanced its goals.
- Public service that enhances the reputation of the
- Service and leadership that reflects and enhances the mission
of the University.