University Award for Distinguished Research, Scholarship, and
The University Award for Distinguished Research,
Scholarship, or Creative Work is the highest accolade a faculty
member can receive that honors scholarly achievement. All members
of the Butler community are invited to nominate a faculty member
for the University Award for Distinguished Research, Scholarship,
or Creative Activity. Nominations should include examples and
details to support the nomination. Nominations should provide
evidence in one or more areas to support the nomination, including,
- Research activities in private, public, or corporate
- Presentations at scholarly meetings or conferences.
- Exhibits, performances, commissions, and artistic
- Wide recognition by the academic community beyond Butler
University is essential.
- The award will usually be based on a body of achievement rather
than a particular piece of research, scholarship, creative work, or
- A substantial part of the achievement shall have been
accomplished as a faculty member of Butler University.
Please support the nomination with the particular books,
articles, performances, or exhibitions that you believe merit
public acclaim or examples of the recognition and respect the
nominee has earned within her or his discipline and that merit
public acclaim (i.e., reviews, invitations to speak, positions in
professional organizations, etc.). Nominators are encouraged to
solicit an updated CV from the nominee.