Declaring Your Major
In the Exploratory Studies program, there is no set deadline to
declare your major. As soon as you feel ready to do so, we will
support you through the transition! Here are the steps you will
take to declare your major:
- Contact your Exploratory Studies advisor to schedule an
- At our meeting, we'll discuss how you came to your
- You will be given a form to complete and turn in to the LAS
- Within a few weeks, you will be assigned a new advisor from the
department of your new major!
- Remember, the Exploratory Studies staff is always available,
even after you declare your major! Please don't hesitate to reach
out to us if you need support with anything, from declaring a minor
to questioning your major decision.
*Please note: if you are not an Exploratory Studies major, the
process for changing your major may be different. You should
contact your advisor or go to your college's Dean's office to
initiate the process. However, all students are welcome to
meet with an Exploratory Advisor to talk about the transition.