Mission and Goals
Efroymson Diversity Center Mission Statement
The Efroymson Diversity Center of Butler University enhances the
personal development and academic success of students by preparing
them to be active and responsible citizens with respect and
appreciation for the diverse cultures represented on campus and the
inherent diversity within our global society.
The Goals of the Efroymson Diversity Center
- To assess the academic, social, cultural and economic needs of
the Butler multicultural student population and provide support
services to address their individual needs.
- To provide advice, counseling and other services to the Butler
international student population.
- To promote global awareness and intercultural understanding
through diversity enrichment programs for the Butler and greater
- Foster and provide a warm, welcoming, supportive and inclusive
campus environment for students from diverse backgrounds
- Provide a venue for social and intercultural interaction,
academic and cultural programming and diversity organizations.