Welcome! Are you thinking of studying Media, Rhetoric and
Culture but aren't sure what it is about? Signs that MRC might be
the right major for you:
- You think about films, television programs, and/or songs for
hours, analyzing what it means and why others like it. (Sometimes
your friends tell you that "read too much into things".)
- You want to make some sort of change in your community and
wonder how to get others involved. • You like to blog or tweet
about popular culture.
- You like to scrutinize the arguments of politicians and public
- You think that broadcast news programs seem to be missing the
critical issues that affect you.
- You wonder why your leaders and your media don't look more like
- You want to understand what kind of impact social media is
having on society.
Our students are:
- Active bloggers and social media producers.
- Prolific writers and media consumers.
- Involved in their community.
- Interns at successful companies and community
Our students can expect:
- One-on-one faculty-student involvement in research and the
- Rigor and intellectual engagement (in and outside of the
- A humanities-based program with nationally and internationally
Check out this website and visit our department
blog. To communicate with us directly, please email the
department chair, Associate Professor Kristin Swenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairbanks, Room 218
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Chair: Dr. Ann Savage
Assistant: Melissa Friedman