Frequently Asked Question for Faculty
1. How can I teach a Core curriculum course?
Course Proposal Form. The proposal will be approved by
a faculty committee in one of the sub-areas. Once approved, the
proposal is forwarded to the Core Curriculum Committee, who then
submit it to the Faculty Senate for the final approval.
2. Is there support available to help prepare to teach a Core
Yes, Course Development Grants are available for faculty - the
application can be found by clicking here.
3. Is there funding available to help defray costs of special
experiences for my students in one of my Core classes?
Yes, Course Enhancement Grants provide up to $200 toward a
co-curricular experience for students relevant to the Core course.
The application can be found by clicking here.
4. What is the assessment cycle for classes in the Core?
Assessment information for different areas in the Core can be
found by clicking here.
5. What are Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for areas within
Student Learning Objectives for different areas within the Core
can be found by clicking here.